DSC09753 - Copy

12 November 2013

Want a List?

Things that have gone wrong today:

Android tablet dropped in the toilet (thanks baby).

Chocolate spread *everywhere*, and a one year old eating it with a spoon.

Flooded bathroom. Leaky kitchen ceiling. Every towel in the house soaked.

Baby taking her nappy off to poop on the floor.

Gave up on the soup I'd planned for lunch and made toast. Burned eight slices.

A whole lot of herbs and spices poured out in wonderful sensory play.

The muddiest children I have ever seen after an hour making mud pies.

Mobile phone dropped in the cat's water bowl.

Re-skeined all the tangled cotton threads. An hour later found them unwound again.

Baby covered in pink paint. Where the frack did she get pink paint?

The last bit of garam marsala I had managed to rescue from the chaos, tipped into the sink by Roo - also, coriander added to the fruit I had stewing in the slow cooker. Tea was going to be curry, followed by stewed fruit.

Ten kiwi skins picked up from all over the house.

And that's not even mentioning the laundry pile of epic proportions... I give up!

IMG_1607

IMG_1612

IMG_1599

IMG_1602

It's OK, I just about retained my sense of humour. They had a wonderfully happy day. Me, not so much, but at least I was calm enough (or resigned enough?) not to do my very good and rather terrifying impression of a raving lunatic.

Tomorrow is another day, right?

Right?

16 comments:

  1. That's horrid. I recommend a good bubble bath for you. Hope tomorrow is much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had over an hour playing board games with a friend while hubby took all the children out, and it was blissfully quiet! :D Today is awesome. *phew* I don't want another day like that!

      Delete
  2. It is indeed. And either check your toaster settings or get a toaster! I like kitchen stuff I can set and leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but we don't have much space so we sacrificed the toaster to the slow cooker and fish tank. ;)

      Delete
  3. Blimey! Where did they find the energy to do so much craziness! Feeling your frustration about the burnt toast and wasted spices. Meep! Wish I was there to make you a cuppa.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shiny tech is the worst loss, really, because we can't afford to replace it. *sigh* Well, perhaps it will all dry out in the box of rice I've put it in? :/

      Delete
    2. Meep! I know. They were fun/useful whilst they lasted.

      Well done you for being so calm. I would have flipped out completely and I don't have all the rest of it to deal with.x

      Delete
  4. Oh my, that is quite a day! Hurray for retaining a sense of humor. It's the best way to get through a day like that, though I can't say I'm always successful myself. I do try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's much easier to scream about it than laugh, really.

      Delete
  5. Yes, ‘weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning’ (Proverbs 30:5). Then, in the dawn of our increased faith and understanding, we arise and choose to wait upon the Lord, saying, ‘Thy will be done.’”

    That of course is said a little tongue in cheek, because I am sure you don't really see your babies as trials, I know you know they are teaching you many things each day, and how dull life would be without the ups and downs.
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might not be trials, but I definitely find the household chaos they create to be a trial. I am not a good housekeeper or homemaker in the slightest, so extra mayhem feels like a very big burden indeed. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  6. Yikes, ((hugs)) mama. I so really wished I lived next door, but instead I send hugs and love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are appreciated. We really are fine today. That kind of day is so rare, but when it happens it usually hits me so much harder so I was grateful to maintain my grip on my sanity and temper!

      Delete
  7. Having read this list I am totally astounded that you kept it all together. If it had been there would have been much shouting and early beds for them all!

    Hope and pray that you all have a better day today!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't scream and shout, but I did cry (and stand at the front door saying, "I want to run away!" - the children informed me that I'm not allowed)... When I started trying to write it all out I could see the funny side again!

      Delete
  8. Chin up, things can only get better!
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)