DSC09753 - Copy

31 October 2013

All Hallows Eve

Outside my window the fire pit is burning low in the darkness of our garden. The faint pop of distant fireworks indicate that elsewhere the parties of tonight are continuing.

I am thankful for friends, hot soup, poetry, and the earthy smoke-smell on the baby's skin.

In the kitchen the remains of our seasonal supper are in evidence: half a loaf of pumpkin bread, some sausage soup (minestrone with beans, sausage, and paprika), and an empty cocoa pan.

I am wearing the orange, purple, brown and red hippy patchwork skirt with a plain leaf-green vest tshirt and an orange jersey cardigan with huge pockets.

I am creating another lilac Versa vest and some winter season table fairies in blue felt. I just finished a stunning Versa for Tilly's birthday in the bright green Colinette Art (Popsicle colourway). :)

I am reading The Great Divorce, C S Lewis's parable about heaven and hell.

I am looking forward to more crisp Autumn days, fireworks, my birthday (end of November), and so many small things in between.

Around the house... baby is sleeping in my arms, wrapped in a white blanket my friend's nana crocheted for Jenna many years ago. The kitchen had mud tracked across the floor from our garden happenings earlier. Jenna is snuggled up on the sofa with baby and I, enjoying the quiet once sisters are sleeping.

A favourite quote for today: Nothing is certain, only the certain spring.

A peek into my day:
2013-10-31 18.53.50

1 comment:

  1. I love this time of year. Really enjoyed your descriptions, made me feel all seasonal.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)