DSC09753 - Copy

26 December 2012

Yarn Along - Boxing Day blues

This tiny toddler who so frequently is just too busy to let me love her, she is having a miserable sleepy Christmas.  They all had the cold and sick bug combination a week or two ago.  Then a week of first one then another being so tired and sad all day.  With the lingering cough, just for good measure.  Talia has had three days now of just wanting to sleep in arms.  Today, we can raise a smile, and she wants to toddle around a bit again.  Still, this is where Talia and I spent most of our day:
DSC00480
In bed, with a stack of fabulous Christmas gifts to read.

We ventured out for a walk in the rain with my mum, which really ended up not being much of a walk at all as the paths were all flooded and the rain was still coming down.  A cuppa, and some different adult arms to cradle little miss sadness for a while.  And this one feeling too miserable to even bother fighting to remove her hood!
DSC00484

Attempt to get out of the house, not much of a success, but at least I saw something other than my house today.
DSC00485

DSC00491

I'm finally past halfway on the cable and lace of Jenna's foraging hoodie.  I know she was forewarned that it would be finished after Christmas, but yesterday I started feeling a mite guilty for spending so much more time on commissions than on the gift she asked for.  I reckon it'll be done in the next few days, just to assuage what maternal guilt can be soothed at this late stage.  I'm feeling a heck of a lot less zen now that Christmas day itself is actually past and life on the other side has to resume its normal course...

And mothering this little ill one, not an experience which is exactly guilt-free for me.

A lot of breastfeeding, at least two warm baths a day, and lots of cuddles...  I'm starting to worry about her temperature rarely coming down for long; it isn't panic-inducingly high, just high enough for her forehead to feel constantly slightly too warm.  Maybe tomorrow this thing will finally break.  If not, it will be time to resort to paracetamol.  My trust in self-healing lasts just up to a certain point and no further, and it's sufficiently sad to see such a baby feeling so rotten that I start to doubt my instincts.  Well, we'll see what the morning brings.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Sarah. Poor wee baba. It was my turn to be ill this year (with a chest infection), but we have had many years with one of the kids ill, its a part of the Christmas traditions one tends to forget lol. I hope she is perkier today?
    V
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she is better this morning. Hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)