DSC09753 - Copy

15 June 2012

Squeee!

My beautiful beautiful sister in law gave birth to her simply perfect baby son just after midnight.  And we had the BEST surprise, as they brought him to meet us on their way home from the hospital.  Aren't we lucky?
DSC06671
I handed over my favourite wrap, a ring sling, a big bag of cloth nappies, and What Mothers Do (Especially When it Looks Like Nothing), and literally squeaked over the baby - those darling wrinkly newborn expressions! - and the children were quite awestruck.
DSC06673
Oh little new Baby Davidson.  We are so glad to meet you.

7 comments:

  1. Oh those pictures make me broody! I love babies so, so much. He looks beautiful in that wrap and your sister in law is glowing, she looks amazing so soon after giving birth! X x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother's parting shot to me was, "Don't you dare get broody, Sarah!" HA! Maarja is a simply gorgeous mama, she looked blissfully happy. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh how wonderful, that little boy has been born into a family that will truly love him...lucky boy :)
    Congratulations to you all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a lucky baby! My brother is already a wonderful dad, as soon as I saw him with his firstborn son I saw something brand new and whole in him; he is a born parent.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful pictures and that little one tied in the wrap, so sweet.

    Remind your dear sister in law to take good care of herself and rest plenty.

    Hugs to you Auntie!

    San xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks absolutly radiant! What lovely gifts for a new Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mama and babe. :) I noticed you shying away from confessing the stack of hand knits you made for him! ;) He is so blessed to be born into such a loving family! xx

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)