DSC09753 - Copy

15 September 2011

Arboretum

We took a tree walk yesterday, and did bark rubbings, and collected leaves. Well, *I* did bark rubbings, the children were busy playing in the fallen leaves and running up and down the banks! Jenna did help me to identify the trees I was taking rubbings from though, and they all collected lots of interesting seeds and seed cases.
DSC02648
Rowan loves ponds and fountains!
DSC02646
Serious-faced little Morgan finding leaves to do leaf rubbings with.
DSC02647
Art work in one of the old buildings on the park. We really wanted to know what had been going on there, it looked fascinating!
DSC02649
Play area time.
DSC02650
DSC02651
It's still summer-warm here right now, just a little chill in the air in the mornings, but I'm knitting as fast as I can go to finish hats and vests and other warm outerwear. Jenna's dress should be done today, just one more line of grafting to go. And I finished Morgan's hat! Pictures to follow soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh can't wait to see. I got sidetracked with another blanket. But yes I really must get on with woollie warmerse, there is a distinct nip to the air down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me that I must get finished on my daughter's jumper. Otherwise it will be nothing more than a pile of wool waiting to be unpicked.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)