DSC09753 - Copy

4 January 2010

Morgan Time

I'm feeling a bit short of energy for my Morgan right now, middle of the bunch and so busy and uncomplaining. When my energy isn't going into the immediate needs of the baby, it's tempting to get on with things I want to do. And Jenna is always there, asking questions, lending a hand with things, Morgan is too easy to leave alone while she's contented in her little world. This seems to me like a good thing, in many ways, because I really love that her joy doesn't hinge on my every mood and I appreciate the freedom that gives me too! She demands so little, and she does beautifully without my meddling.Rowan seemed much better this morning, and was slightly calmer during the night, and Jenna had stayed over with my mum. So while Rowan explored apple slices and toys, crawling around touching *everything* in that gorgeous way a small naked confident crawler does... I had Morgan all to myself, and she had me. What did she want to do?

We made banana cake and shortbread (both sugar free), we turned a butternut squash and a lot of leftovers into vegetable curry and gloriously orange soup. We did cutting and sticking. We made our daily loaf and I let her do most of the work. ;) We made a necklace for Jenna. We nursed and chatted and danced. We just *were*.This afternoon, when Jenna came home, we saw the Health Visitor for that 6-9 month review thingy. Now this was a lady we haven't seen before, but she was fantastic. She asked about some of the hippy stuff, but always because she was curious, never in a disapproving way. Especially about the tandem nursing - she said, "I hope you don't mind me asking a lot of questions, I just have to take the opportunity to find out about this now, so that I can do my job better in future." We were also asked about Rowan's teething necklace, again because she wondered if it was religious observance and wanted to make sure she was aware of it in case she came across it again. I am surprised and VERY impressed, and the children felt really at ease with her and kept bringing things to show her and she didn't once tell them to go away or imply that they were interrupting. :) This is our second brilliant experience in this area with the child health teams.

The only other thing to say today is that I am still confused about the nappyless Rowan. I don't know what's going on. She has nursed normally through today, or at least better than she has been, but we are still 50/50 between misses and catches on the toiletting front. All I can do is try not to think about it (because that makes it harder) and relax - instead of doing my usual trick of going to pieces and thinking that I'm doing something wrong. On the plus side, she had just shorts on for most of the time the HV was here, and nobody got peed on. :)

5 comments:

  1. :-) Glad things are a little easier on the bfing front. :-)

    Um... is that dinosaur cookies I spy Morgan making...... where on earth did you get the cutter from, I know a little boy who would be delighted to make dinosaur cookies :-)

    Jacq
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me that thinks Rowan looks so, so like Jenna?

    Glad the review was a good experience. Tobys reviews are always frustrating and amusing in equal measure

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha oh Joxy I already went and got you a set! I just have to get around to mailing them. I KNEW posting that picture would ruin the surprise!

    Rowan *does* look like Jenna, generally people compare her to Morgan more but she certainly doesn't look like Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOPs!

    And thank you :-) You really are a diamond!

    ;-)
    Jacq
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it lovely to have some one to one time, everyone benefits I think :)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts? :)